5 Easy Food Swaps
This week we have been talking about food swaps. Easy things we can do to help us live a healthier lifestyle. So far the tips have been use applesauce in place of oil when baking, use other kinds of flour (whole wheat, almond…etc) when baking, and use greek yogurt in place of sour cream when making dips.
It really is as easy as these tips. If you gradually change your eating habits you will lose weight, sleep better and feel healthier. Here are 5 more swaps you can do today.
1. When eating your veggies dip them in hummus instead of veggie dip. My favorite hummus brand is Sabra. I like the olive tapenade flavor.
2. Try my FAVORITE pasta, Barilla Plus (it’s in a yellow box) in place of your regular pasta. There is 14 grams of protein in 1 serving of Barilla Plus pasta!
3. Replace the mayo on your sandwich with an avocado. The avocado will give you healthy fat which is important for brain function.
4. Replace your white flour and grains with whole wheat. Try brown rice instead of white rice and whole wheat bread instead of white bread. Whole wheat does not spike your blood sugar as much as white flour does. Plus, whole wheat flour has more fiber in it which we all need.
5. Replace your high sugar yogurt with lower sugar yogurt or Greek yogurt. Keep your yogurt at 10 grams of sugar or less. If you are looking to add more protein to your diet go with Greek yogurt.
Share with us what your favorite food swaps are at www.facebook.com/personaltrainingwithlisa