5 Easy Tips to Help You Be Healthier Today
5 Tips to Help You Be Healthier Today
A lot of people think being healthy is hard. It’s really not-it’s more about a change of mindset. Today I want to give you 5 easy tips you can implement right now to help you become healthier. These are easy tips you can do today. Most of us want to become healthier. It’s a lot easier on your body if you are healthy VS when you are sick or taking a lot of medicine. It seems like health professionals want to just stick a band-aid on the problem by pushing drugs instead of helping their patients learn how to be healthy. Being healthy is a choice-so let’s all choose to become healthy. These 5 easy tips can help you start.
- Sit less. We all sit too much. Go for a walk during your lunch hour, park the car farther away from the store entrance, set a timer to go off every hour at work so you remember to get up and move for 5 minutes. All these little things add up. Buy a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps per day.
- Grab an apple. Instead of reaching for the donut your co-worker brought in grab an apple. Increasing your fiber intake will help you feel fuller for longer and reduce bloating.
- Do a plank. Increase your core strength to prevent low back pain or decrease existing low back pain. If you are not sure how to do a plank, watch the video below. Aim to hold the plank for 30 seconds 1 time a day. If you can do that increase your time to 60 seconds.
- Sleep more. Studies have shown that adults who regulary get 7-8 hours of sleep per night weigh less and have less health problems than adults that sleep 5 or less hours per night. If you are thinking “no way-I don’t have time to sleep for 7-8 hours per night” then start with just going to bed 30 minutes earlier then normal.
- Be positive. Studies show people who are positive are happier, healthier and more resilent then people who are not positive. Focus on the good things in your life. Write them down at night and focus on them. Be grateful for what you do have-someone else may be looking at you saying, “I wish I had what they had”. Focus on the positive and you will find more positive will surround you.
I want you to pick 1 thing you can do right now to help you become a healthier you. Pick the one that seems the easiest for you to implement and do it today! I would love to hear which tip you picked or maybe you are doing them all-share with me which is your favorite.