5 “healthy” things that are actually hindering your fat loss
You are doing all the healthy things you are suppose to, so why are you not seeing the results?
I get this statement a lot from people. They come to me frustrated, overwhelmed and confused as to why weight loss isn’t working.
Here’s the thing, what you were taught when you were younger about fat loss does not work when we get older. So, if you are in your 40’s wondering, “what is going on”……read on to find out what “healthy” habits are actually hindering your fat loss.
- Over-exercise. STOP doing all that cardio. It’s completely working against you. If you want to learn the science behind it, read this blog post. Focus on strength training and HIIT.
- Under eating. A lot of women come to me saying they only eat 800 calories a day and can’t seem to lose weight……first off, how are you surviving on 800 calories in a day….I would be so hangry 🙂 BUT that’s why you are not losing weight. You are starving your body and when a body thinks it’s being starved it will not allow any fat loss to happen.
- What you are drinking or lack there off. People drastically underestimate the amount of water they are drinking along with anything else they are drinking that is full of calories. Do you really know how much sugar is in your daily mocha? Increase your water intake, reduce your high caloric/sugary drinks and see your belly start to shrink.
- Mindset. People don’t realize how much their mindset plays a part of losing weight, being healthy, reducing your risk of disease. You want to change? Stop being negative. Embrace being a beginner, find the positive and start smiling
- Low fat/low carbs. Did you diet in the 90’s? Remember the low fat craze? STOP doing it! Your body needs fat to survive and yes, that means you need to eat fat in order to lose fat. Same thing with carbs. If you are not fueling your body with the macronutrients it needs to thrive you will have a very hard time losing weight.
Now that you know what “healthy” habits are preventing you from losing weight which one(s) do you need to stop doing? Reply back or comment below and let me know.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to me via instagram @lisaholtan. I am here to help you live your healthiest+happiest life!
Find more info on how to work with me here