5 Stick With It Tips-Fitness Edition
5 Tips to Help You Stick with Your Fitness Routine
It’s March, which means 90% of the people who made fitness their New Year’s Resolutions are no longer doing their resolution. That’s sad!! Why are you not sticking it out? Maybe you haven’t seen the changes you want, maybe you don’t know what to do, or maybe you just don’t like to exercise. There are 100’s if not 1,000’s of reasons why people don’t stick to a fitness routine. The #1 reason I hear is “It’s not working”. Here’s a secret-you didn’t gain those 20lbs+lbs overnight so you are not going to lose them overnight!! Shocker, right! Why does everyone think they can lose the weight that took years to gain in weeks or a few months? It doesn’t work that way! Consistency is what works.
Here are 5 tips I have learned over the years that will help you stick with your fitness routine so you can see the weight melt off.
- Find something you like to do. Whether it is lifting weights, taking Barre class, dancing….etc. Try it all until you find what you like. If you like the exercise you are doing, you will be more likely to stick with it long term.
- Schedule your workouts in your calendar. Think of it like an appointment with yourself. If you do this long enough it will become a habit.
- Have a workout buddy. It is so much more fun to workout with a friend then by yourself. Find a workout buddy and hold each other accountable. Push each other and have fun with the workouts
- Hire a personal trainer. You are paying them to make you workout so you will definitely not skip those workouts!
- Make a non-weight related goal. Example-drink 75oz of water a day, do 1 pull-up, learn to deadlift the barbell…etc. When you stop making your fitness goals weight related fitness becomes fun again. You are putting your focus on something else and before you know it you have mastered 3 pull-ups and lost weight!
Share with us what your #1 tip is that helps you stick to your fitness routine. You can find more health and fitness info at www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com and www.bodyworksprescott.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.