5 Tips to Help You Boost Your Immune System
I realize before this pandemic hit people didn’t really care about their health. Some of you did, most of you didn’t. You would rather eat junk food because it is easy then learn how to eat for your body and feel great. BUT since we are now in a pandemic and all the research is showing us that the people that get COVID-19 and get mild systems are those with a strong, healthy immune system. They are people that are HEALTHY! So, if you don’t think now is the time to get healthy you never will!!
When I say being unhealthy to someone most people think of sick people or the elderly but I am referring to YOU. Did you know that if YOU were healthy your chance of getting diabetes, heart disease, and obesity decreases by up to 70%! YES, what you do or don’t do directly affects yourself and your family. AND what really makes we mad is that these are all things you can fix and yet you don’t…….you would rather take the drugs the doctor gives you with a list of side effects then eat healthy! WHY?
I want to give you 5 tips you can do now to help boost your immune system and get you healthy.
- Start taking a multivitamin. I was talking a doctor the other day and she said, “I am worried about all the fresh produce I see sitting at the grocery stores and yet all canned good are gone. I am worried because if people continue to eat all the canned goods we will have a big population that will get diseases due to nutritional deficiencies.” A good quality multivitamin will fill in the gaps in your nutrition. Getting the correct vitamins/minerals in your body will help strengthen your immune system. This is the multivitamin I recommend
- Stop eating junk food. Your body is what you put in it. You keep eating junk food that is how your body feels. Do you want to have energy, feel good, go to sleep…etc Then stop eating that crap. Starting eating fruits, veggies, complex carbs, protein. It is not hard to eat healthy but you do need to take the first step-which is to buy the healthy food and then eat it.
- Move your body. That one is pretty simple. Get off the couch-go for a walk, stream a workout video, walk your stairs. It doesn’t mean you have to run a marathon but you do need to move. Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make us happy-which we all need right now. Research shows us that happy people have a greater chance of recovering from illness then unhappy people. Mindset is everything.
- Take a probiotic. Everyone needs a probiotic. Your gut is in charge of a lot of things in your body. If your gut is unhealthy, your immune system is sluggish. Want a healthy gut, take a probiotic. A healthy gut also helps with digestion, healthy skin, bloating and much more. This is the probiotic I recommend
- Eat fermented foods. Fermented foods helps your gut stay healthy. What are fermented foods: sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, yogurt, tempeh and kombucha (watch the sugar grams on store bought). These foods help with digestion, aid in a strong immune system and are generally low in calories.
I hope you realize how important your health is. It is something you need to be focusing in right now because if you don’t one day you will wish you did and it might be too late for you to change it. Take 1 tip at a time and implement. Once that becomes a habit start with another tip until that becomes a habit and keep going on like until you are feeling better and living a healthy lifestyle.
To find healthy recipes and workouts check out www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com or www.bodyworksprescott.com