5 Tips to Help You Stick to Your Diet
So many people start a diet and then stop the diet within months if not weeks of starting. Here are 5 tips to help you stick to your diet so you can reach your goals.
1. Stop calling it a diet. A diet implies there is a stop date. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, this is a lifestyle change. Make small changes each week that you can implement into your lifestyle. Example-drink more water, get more sleep, try a new food…etc
2. Find an accountability buddy. Whether it’s a spouse, friend, personal trainer…etc. find someone who will hold you accountable and help you reach your goals.
3. Find some kind of exercise that you like to do. Some people like to run, others like to do yoga, and others like lifting weights. Find something you like to do and do that. Research has shown that if you find forms of exercise you like and do them, you are more likely to continue exercising once you have lost the weight.
4. Try a new food. Once a week try something you don’t think you like or have never tried before. You just might find a new food you like. You can also try cooking a food a new way. Instead of steaming veggies, try grilling veggies.
5. Give yourself a break! The main reason people quit their “diet” is because they think they aren’t losing weight fast enough. Remember this, did you put that weight on in 1 month? NO, then why do you think you will lose it in 1 month? A sustainable weight loss is 1 pound a week, 2 pounds a week if you have a lot to lose. So, stick with it-remember is a lifestyle change.
I hope these tips help you stick with your weight loss goals. If you want help with nutrition and exercise check out these programs at www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com