5 Ways to Flavor Your Water
5 Ways To Flavor Your Water
We all know the importance of drinking water-it helps flush out the extra sodium/toxians in your body, it helps with the bloated feeling, it fuels your body with the hydration it needs BUT sometimes it’s so boring to drink water all day long. So, here are 5 tips to help you stay hydrated that are better then drinking plain ol’ water.
- Green tea-green tea has lots of benefits including promoting weight loss. You can drink it hot or iced and try adding a lemon wedge for a new twist.
- Fruit infused water-I love fruit infused water! Here are some of my favorites:
- strawberries with basil
- lemon, lime and cucumber slices
- Raspberries with mint
- Blueberries with lemon wedges
- For the ultimate spa like water combine lemon, lime, orange and cucumber slices with mint leaves.
- Carbonated Water-it gives you the pop and fizz you crave. I love drinking carbonated water in the afternoon-I find it helps with cravings as well. Carbonated water comes in all types of flavors now so find one you like and enjoy!
- Frozen berry ice cubes-Fill an ice cube 1/2 full with water. Put whatever fruit you want in the ice cubes trays. I found small berries work the best (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), then fill the ice cube tray the rest of the way with water. Once these are frozen I add them to my water to flavor it throughout the day. This are perfect for traveling. Fill your water bottle up with them and once they melt you have yummy tasting water.
- Coconut Water Popsicle-Who doesn’t love a Popsicle on a hot day? This recipe is super simple to make and is low in calories and sugar. In a Popsicle mold fill 1/2 way with coconut water, add your berries or other fruit, then fill the rest of the way with coconut water. Put in freezer. Once they start to set up, put the Popsicle stick in the mold. Freeze for 24 hours.
I hope these ideas will help you stay hydrated this summer and keep your water flavorful! Enjoy!
Find other great recipes and workouts at www.personaltrainingwithlisa and www.bodyworksprescott.com