Easy Meal Prep Recipe
5 Ways You Can Make Dinner Time Easier
The dreaded question, “What’s for supper?” as you look in the fridge and realize you don’t have anything to make or look at the clock and realize it’s already 6:30pm and you are too tired to make something so you pile in the car and go to the closest restaurant. If that is you, these tips will help you to stop going out to eat and start eating at home.
Research has shown us that people who eat at home eat fewer calories per day then those people who eat out. Most people eat out during the week because they don’t know what to cook at home or they don’t have the ingredients. With a little bit of planning you can make supper at home quickly while saving yourself calories and money.
1. Plan ahead. Take 30 minutes 1 day a week and figure out what you are going to make each day. Then write out your grocery list and go to the grocery store and buy what is on the list. Now you have everything you need to make your meals.
2. Make meals that will give you leftovers to eat for another night. Examples-chili, chicken noodle soup, lasagna.
3. Use your crockpot. Put some chicken broth in your crockpot and your protein, turn it on and it cooks while you are working. A favorite at my house is shredded chicken. Once you cook it you can use the shredded chicken in many different ways. You can use it in tacos, sandwiches, on salads, in pasta…etc.
4. Buy precut veggies. This will save you time when cooking, just open the bag and dump.
5. Get your kids invovled. Kids are more likely to eat healthy foods if they help prepare them