Healthy Holiday Tips
The holiday season is here! Are you prepared for all the eating and drinking?! A lot of us approach the holiday season in 1 of 2 ways:
- are afraid to eat anything in fear of falling of the wagon and not getting back on.
- say, screw it, and eat everything in site
Here are some tips to help you stay on track during the holidays AND still enjoy the cookies!!
Watch the video here or you can read the tips below:
- Enjoy the holiday! Eat the foods you love, enjoy being with your family and friends. BUT the next day get back on track. Eat your normal breakfast, drink water and move your body. This will help you flush through all the excess sodium you ate + it will help you stay on track.
- Stay on track M-F. If you normally workout M, W and Th then do that. If you normally eat overnight oats for breakfast then keep doing that. Just because it is the holiday season doesn’t mean we all of a sudden stop doing our routine. If you stay on track M-F then if you overindulge on the weekends it not a big deal.
- Eat holiday foods you love! Eat the foods that remind you of the holidays. If you love grandma’s fruitcake and grandma only makes it during the holidays then eat it!! Pass on the foods that you can have all the time.
I hope these tips and tricks help you to enjoy this holiday season, cookies and all!