5 Tips to Help You Stay Healthy During the SuperBowl
The SuperBowl is a big food event, you have chicken wings, taco dip, sandwiches, meatballs…..the list goes on.
If Sunday is not going to be your cheat meal for the week, here are some tips to help you stay healthy during the big game.
- Bring food to share that is healthy. Some ideas are: raw veggies with dip, roasted chickpeas, mixed nuts, fruit and cheese tray.
- Always have water in your hand. It will help with mindless eating and help keep you full.
- Move around and talk to people. If you are talking you are too busy to eat. Plus, you can catch up with people you haven’t seen in a while.
- Put a little bit of everything you want to try on your plate. After you have tried it then decide if it is worth eating more of it.
- Drink more water the next day and exercise. It will help flush out the extra sodium you ate and get you back on track.
Here is a recipe for roasted chickpeas:
Extra virgin olive oil
Rinse, drain and put on a paper towel the 2 cans of chickpeas. Pat them dry.
Put the chickpeas on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss so all the chickpeas are coated. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
These are best eaten the day they are made.