Stay on Track-Summer Edition
5 Tips to Help You Stay On Track-Summer Edition
Summer is coming. The sun is shining and the weather is getting warmer. So why should you head into the gym when it’s nice outside? You are probably telling yourself, “I’ll walk outside” or “yard work can count as my exercise”. Why go into the air conditioned gym when it’s finally warm outside? Let’s be honest with ourselves. Walking outside is not the same as lifting weights neither is yard work. How many times do you say, “I’m going for a walk outside” but then you don’t do it because there is laundry to do or supper to cook. Summer is the time when we are wearing the least amount of clothing so you better keep up your workouts and nutrition
Here are 5 tips to help you stay on track this summer
- Routine-you are already in a routine of going to the gym and doing your workout. Once you fall out of that routine it will be harder to start it again come fall. Just get in and do your workout then go enjoy the weather.
- Sleep-did you know exercising helps you to sleep better. You will feel more rested so you can enjoy the weather instead of taking a nap inside during the afternoon. Plus, the more rested you feel the less likely you are to binge eat, especially on high fat/high sugar foods. Your body craves high fat/high sugar foods when it is tired.
- Keep off the pounds-In the summer we all eat and drink more. You are at more social events, on the boat and at the cabin so you consume more calories. Eat more veggies/fruit and less starchy carbs, drink plenty of water (1/2 your body weight in oz of water per day), be aware of the calories in your beverages.
- Try a new class-In the summer class attendance usually drops a bit, so take advantage of this and try out some new classes that might normally be full in the fall and winter. Plus, trying new things is fun and keeps your workouts from getting boring.
- Accountability-get an accountability partner. It is always easier if you have someone checking in on you. It can be a family member, friend or join my Own Your Summer program, where we will be helping each other stay on track this summer with healthy recipes, workouts you can do anywhere and weekly coaching!! If you want more info contact me at: https://personaltrainingwithlisa.com/contact/ or join the Own Your Summer Program at https://personaltrainingwithlisa.com/own-your-summer/ This program starts June 1st and is limited to 10 people.
Stay on track with your workouts and nutrition this summer and your jeans will thank you in the fall! Plus, you will feel amazing in your swimming suit this summer.
Find online training programs, nutrition coaching and more at www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com
If you are local check out www.bodyworksprescott.com for the premier gym in western WI