5 Stretches You Need To Do
5 Stretches You Need To Do Now
Stretching is something most people don’t do but everyone should be doing it. Stretching after your workouts will help with muscle recovery and soreness. Stretching every day will help with relieving tight muscles so your body can perform better everyday with less stress on it and stretching helps with reducing injury to your body. These 5 stretches can be done every day. They will help release the tight muscles that most of us have. Plus, if you do these stretches every day your body won’t be as sore when you start a new workout or when you garden, rake leaves or hop on your bike for the first time of the season.
Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds. Do this stretches 1-2 times per day.
- Chest stretch-stand in a doorway, bend your elbows, put your forearms on the doorway frame and gently lean forward. You should feel a stretch in your chest.
- Low back stretch-lay on the floor with your knees bent, feet on the floor, open arms up like a T. Drop your knees towards the right, head looks left. Repeat on the other side
- Hip Flexor Stretch- kneel on the floor, put your right foot on the floor. gently push forward. You should feel a stretch in the front part of your leg
- Shoulder Stretch-cross your right arm over your chest, bend your left arm-it should touch your right arm. You should feel a stretch in your right shoulder. Make sure to keep your shoulder down. Repeat on the other side
- Hamstring Stretch-lay on your back with your knees bent, put your right leg in the air, grab behind the right leg and gently pull towards you. Repeat on the other side
I hope these stretches will help you become more limber and reduce your risk of injury. I would love to hear from you-what is your favorite stretch?
You can find more about exercises, nutrition and workouts at www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com and www.bodyworksprescott.com