Small Changes-Big Results
How are you doing with your New Year’s resolution? Remember small changes lead to big progress in the end. Since a majority of the people who make New Year’s resolution’s make it around dieting or losing weight I thought I would be together a list of small changes you can do right now that will lead to big progress over time.
1. Swap mayo on your sandwich for avocado or mustard. The avocado may have more fat grams then the mayo you are using, but it is healthy fat and avocados have been shown to reduce cholesterol levels over time. Mustard is a great choice if you want something tangy on your sandwich and not adding many calories.
2. Move. If you sit at a desk all day try setting your computer timer to 1 hour. When your timer goes off, get up and take a lap around your office. Moving your body will not only help you burn some calories, but it will help you be more alert and ease the tension in your shoulders from typing.
3. Drink more water. Water makes you feel full. Try drinking a glass of water when you feel hungry, if you are still hungry after drinking your glass of water then have a snack. Usually, when we feel hungry it’s actually because we are thirsty.
4. Eat at home. Making your meals at home can save you 1,000 calories or more! Restaurants serve way to big of portion sizes. You don’t need to eat all that. Try cooking 1 more meal a week at home then you normally do. You will save calories and money.
5. Get enough sleep. If you are sleep deprived you will start becoming more hungry and you will overeat. Studies have shown adults need between 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Figure out how much sleep you need and try to get it every night.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.